Exotic foreign vacations don’t come cheap, or do they? When traveling from the United States, there are a number of exotic foreign locations that you can plan a trip to. However, if you are looking for something affordable, the beautiful sunny beaches and pristine sands of Cancun, Mexico are just one short flight away. Cheap Cancun vacations are not hard to plan, if you know what to do and when to start booking your accommodation and air travel options.
According to “Lonely Planet: Cancun, Cozumel and the Yucatan”, more than 4 million tourists make their way to Cancun every single year. This glorious city in Mexico is also known as the unofficial spring break headquarters of the world. One of the most popular tourist havens in the western hemisphere, Cancun has a bustling nightlife that the hordes of spring breakers find irresistible. The warm climate, beaches, and sunny weather offer a perfect vacation option for travelers who want to escape the cold weather of the US mainland. There are many resorts and hotels in Cancun that cater to tourists with all kinds of budgets. Whether you are looking for luxury accommodations with the best facilities or budget lodging for cheap Cancun vacations, you will be spoilt for choice.
Here are a few quick tips to ensure that you plan your cheap Cancun vacations in the optimum way:
- Visit during the off-season time at Cancun. Perhaps the best time to plan your cheap Cancun vacations are during the months of May through July. Though the off-season period extends from May through October, the hurricane season coincides with the off-season patch (from July to October). Everything from the air fare to lodging prices are incredibly cheap during these months. Keep an eye on the weather forecast for Cancun and plan accordingly.
- The location of your chosen accommodation option will have a large impact on the budget-planning for cheap Cancun vacations. Choosing a hotel within Cancun’s Zona Hotelera may seem like a great idea because everything is within close proximity of this district. But the truth is that these hotels are probably the most expensive options you are likely to find in Cancun. It is a better idea to opt for accommodation options outside the Zona Hotelera, on its outskirts, or in the El Crucero district of downtown Cancun, if you don’t mind the slight inconvenience. Moon Handbooks names four hotels in the El Crucero district as being the best value-for-money options (lesser than $150 per night) – Laguna Suites Golf + Spa, Marina, Villas El Manglar Hotel, and Hotel Girasol.
- Once you get off at Cancun International Airport, don’t be tempted to hop into a rental car offered by the agencies out there as they are notoriously expensive. Check with your hotel about any free shuttles you can use. Even if there aren’t any, opt for bus services that are both cheap and frequent.
- The official currency in Cancun is the Mexican peso, but almost all of the businesses, hotels, restaurants, and even vendors accept American dollars. Save money on needless currency exchanges while planning your cheap Cancun vacations.
Cheap Cancun Vacation Resorts
- Beach Palace, Wyndham Grand Resort is located in the Hotel Zone, and is just 15 minutes from the airport. Other than its gorgeous location, the Beach Palace offers a number of all-inclusive plans that are a perfect fit with cheap Cancun vacations. This hotel is ideal for those traveling with kids in tow as there are many promotions offered for children, including complimentary stay options, welcome gifts, and leisure activities credits.
- Aquamarina Beach Resort Hotel is situated on the beach but closer to downtown Cancun. This all-inclusive beach resort is affordable and you don’t have to compromise on amenities and facilities either. Every room in the Aquamarina boasts a private terrace that overlooks the enthralling Caribbean Sea. The hotel offers a number of amenities like a pool, Jacuzzi, playground, private beach, miniature golf course, sports grounds, nightly entertainment, babysitting service, and more. Guests can opt for a European plan or the all-inclusive plan which are affordable options perfect for planning cheap Cancun vacations.
- Plan your stay at The Sea Adventure Resort & Waterpark if you are looking for a family-friendly all-inclusive cheap Cancun vacations spot. Placed by the beach, this resort offers a great all-inclusive plan that covers everything from accommodation to meals and drinks in any of its 5 restaurants and 3 bars, along with access to the onsite water park with an oasis bar and 3 water slides. With rooms that can accommodate up to 5 people, and plenty of activities within the hotel (think kids club, karaoke, cooking lessons, live entertainment options, and more), you may not want to leave the resort at all!
- What if you don’t have family in tow and are looking for an adults-only vacation spot in Cancun? Head to the Temptation Resort Spa! This beachside resort is the perfect setting for an adults-only (21 years and more) vacation. From optional topless swimming pools and the PJ’s and Lingerie Casino (snag a prize for the sexiest lingerie!), to sensual fitness classes and strip shows, this affordable hotel sure is tempting!
- The Radisson Hotel Hacienda Cancun is a mid-range option that is affordable, albeit slightly distant from other tourist destinations. However, the hotel offers free shuttle services to all these key spots.
When it comes to planning cheap Cancun vacations, you also have to consider what you will be doing once you get there. There are a number of free and some inexpensive water activities that you can indulge in at Cancun. Enjoy a spot of snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, and swimming while there. Spend your day sightseeing at the ancient ruins of Chichen Itza, or go shopping at the cheap marketplaces. If all else fails, there is plenty of beer to be had as you work on your tan!
Top Search Terms for Cancun Vacations